Simple Tooth Extractions in Seattle
We Remove Damaged Teeth Quickly and Expertly
Although our skilled dental team at Seattle Dental Associates always aims to restore and preserve natural teeth, sometimes there is no other option than performing a simple tooth extraction. If a tooth is damaged too badly, you have a crowded mouth, or you’re dealing with a severe infection, a simple tooth extraction may be the best method for treating the problem.
At Seattle Dental Associates, we strive to make your dental experience as comfortable as possible, tailoring our care to patients of all ages. If we determine a tooth extraction is the best method for improving your oral health, we will answer all of your questions and work to make the process as smooth and painless as possible.
Call our experienced dental team at 206.343.8774 to schedule an appointment or request an appointment online.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Seattle near Amazon in the Medical Dental Building.
What is a Simple Tooth Extraction?
The main goal of dentistry is to preserve your natural teeth and keep them healthy for as long as possible. There are times, however, when it is in your best interest (or your child’s) to have a tooth extracted (removed).
Tooth extractions, also known as tooth pulling, involve removing an entire tooth from its socket in the bone. We always strive to repair or restore the tooth through other methods to keep the natural tooth in place, but sometimes an extraction is unavoidable. In those cases, we will provide a local anesthetic to keep you from feeling the pain as we remove the tooth. Unlike surgical extractions, which involve removing teeth that haven’t yet surfaced in the mouth, simple extractions involve pulling a visible tooth. We use forceps to gently loosen the tooth in its socket and then remove it.
When Do You Need Tooth Extraction?
Tooth extraction is necessary for a variety of circumstances, the most common being extreme damage to a tooth. We will always work to repair the tooth with a dental filling, crown restoration, dental onlay, or other treatment. But if we can’t restore the tooth using one of these methods, extraction may become necessary.
Some cases in which you might need tooth extraction include:
- Significant tooth decay
- A crack or break in your tooth
- Crowded teeth in your mouth
- Baby teeth not falling out in time
- Extra teeth are blocking other teeth from coming in
Simple Tooth Extraction Procedure
If we determine a tooth extraction is necessary, we will conduct X-rays to determine the best method for extracting the tooth. During the tooth extraction procedure, we will administer a local anesthetic to the area surrounding the tooth so that you won’t feel the pain of the extraction. We will then loosen the tooth and remove it using forceps.
Afterward, you will experience some pain and small amounts of bleeding for a day. Icing the area and taking anti-inflammatory medication can help reduce swelling and pain.
Why Choose Us for a Tooth Extraction
If you think you may need a tooth extraction, contact our team of experienced dental professionals at Seattle Dental Associates. We tailor our dental care to patients of all ages, providing high-quality dental treatment for your entire family.
Here are a few reasons to choose our team:
- Experienced dentists who invest in continuing education
- Free teeth whitening for new patients
- Highly-rated dental team with a 4.9 Google star rating
- Convenient downtown location in the Medical Dental building near Amazon
- In-network with most dental insurances
- Seattle Met Top Dentist since 2013
- Saturday appointments available
- Near Westlake Link Lightrail stop and over 30+ bus routes
- Validated parking at Pacific Place
- Friendly, relaxing atmosphere for all ages
- Plush pillows and cozy blankets available during treatment
Located just blocks from the Amazon campus, our highly-rated Seattle dental team is here to help you with everything from teeth cleanings to emergency dental services. Call our office today at (206) 343-8774 for more information or to schedule an appointment!
Accepted In-Network Dental Insurances
What Sets Us Apart
- Only Blocks Away from Amazon
- Free Teeth Whitening for New Patients
- Same-Day CEREC Dental Crowns
- Invisalign Provider
- Seattle Met Top Dentist for 9 Years
- Free Invisalign Consultations
- Friendly, Relaxing Atmosphere for All Ages
- Technologically Advanced Dental Care
- Blankets & Pillows Provided During Treatment
- Most Comfortable & Efficient Dental Treatments
- Validated Parking at Pacific Place
- Botox® Cosmetic Injections